commercially focussed advice to add value to your business
Whether it’s a minority investment, share or business acquisition (or sale), capital reduction or a management buy-out, we have experience in all areas of corporate law. We assist our clients to understand the relevant legal issues, find time and cost effective solutions, negotiate and draft their transaction documentation, and work closely with other advisors to achieve the optimum commercial outcome.
We often assist our clients with...
- business and share sales, acquisitions and investments: including due diligence, corporate structuring, transaction negotiation and documentation and strategic advice;
- new business structures and governing documentation, including: incorporation of new entities and establishing family, discretionary, trading and unit trusts;
- shareholder and unitholder agreements;
- convertible note agreements; and
- ASIC, ASX and regulatory compliance issues.
With comprehensive experience across a wide variety of industries, we assist our clients in drafting, negotiating and implementing the various commercial contracts required to operate and grow their businesses effectively.
Our clients frequently seek our advice on...
- customer and supply contracts, licences, standard T&Cs;
- employment issues;
- intellectual property advice and registrations;
- finance documentation, including complex finance arrangements and asset protection issues;
- commercial, industrial and retail property leases;
- consumer and privacy law issues;
- planning and environmental advice; and
- representation in property and leasing related dispute resolution.
We act for some of Australia’s most successful start ups, investors and entrepreneurs. We are proud to work with these clients to create and build successful companies by supporting them through the life cycle of their business - from formation and fundraising, to growth and exit events.
We often help our start up clients with start up specific...
- business structures and documentation;
- seed and pre-IPO investment rounds;
- exit transactions;
- employee share option plans;
- shareholder agreements;
- corporate policies, T&Cs, customer and supply arrangements;
- employee and contractor arrangements; and
- intellectual property protection issues.
equity capital markets
With broad experience with ASX listed and unlisted public companies of all shapes and sizes, we have advised clients on matters relating to compliance with the ASX Listing Rules and Corporations Act.
We often advise our listed (or unlisted) clients on...
- initial public offers, reverse takeovers and secondary capital raisings, including: entitlements issues, placements and share purchase plans;
- ASIC and ASX compliance matters, including: continuous disclosure, related party issues, directors' duties, conflicts of interest and share trading issues;
- takeovers regulations, including: preparation of bidder's and target's statements and Takeovers Panel advice and proceedings;
- corporate advisory mandates, underwriting agreements and associated issues;
- preparation of Notices of Meeting for shareholder annual general and extraordinary meetings and advising on the relevant legal issues;
- preparing and maintaining their corporate governance policies and corporate secretarial records, and advising on corporate governance issues; and
- preparing and advising on employee incentive plans.